Mobile software engineer
Mobile Application Developer (iOS/Android/Web)
Thinktiv is looking for a rising development star, who is interested in the opportunity to help shape the future of many early stage start-up ventures with the software we develop. Our portfolio companies range from big data businesses and enterprise solutions to consumer peer-to-peer plays and social/mobile platforms. We are specifically looking for someone with iOS/Android/Mobile Web and other development language expertise.
Are you a talented Mobile App Developer / Software Engineer looking for that next step? Do you want to develop native applications for mobile devices using cutting-edge technology in a high-impact environment? Do you want to work alongside a highly talented team of engineers to solve real-world problems?
Our development team works with our portfolio companies as critical technology partners on the most important and exciting disruptive technology innovations. Key customers are early stage businesses working under compressed timelines and in heavy cycles of innovation.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design and develop applications and application components for iOS, Android, and/or mobile web, in an agile environment with a particular focus on iOS native app development.
- Create high-quality software by using test driven development (TDD) and conducting peer design/code reviews.
- While most work will be mobile development, there may be some projects requiring you to do development in other areas and in different languages - flexibility and adaptability are important.
- Work with geographically distributed teams, with ample opportunity to learn from and mentor teammates in a fast-paced environment
- Play a key role in the future of Thinktiv customer’s products by working closely with product management, design and other key stakeholders to guide solution development.
- Think strategically about delivering the solution that powers a venture-backed business, and drive key technology requirements of mobile and web applications.
- Work with any and all members of the assigned project team in estimating costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating processes and tools.
- iOS native Objective-C development experience
- Demonstrated OOP skills
- Additional experience in Android and/or Mobile Web are highly desired.
- Some web front-end experience (HTML, JS, CSS, related libraries)
- Experience working with database, db design, object modeling, SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL), MongoDB, CoreData, etc.
- Must be self-motivated, driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-functional, agile environment.
- You love programming both for work and hobby. And love learning new development languages, libraries, frameworks, skills.
- Some other development experience with a server-side languages (Python/Django, C#, Java, VB.NET, PHP, Node.JS, Ruby on Rails, etc)
- SaaS technology. RESTful web service APIs. JSON
- Ember.js, Angular.js, React.js, or other JS frameworks.
- Twitter Bootstrap, Ionic, Jquery Mobile, or other web-based front-end frameworks.
- Experience utilizing software development processes and tools (eg, source control, issue tracking, test-driven development, etc).
- Experience working with cross platform development tools (Titanium, PhoneGap, etc)
- Ability to reference or demo at least 1 app in the App Store that is currently available you have developed or significantly contributed to.
- Experience developing enterprise-scale mobile applications
- Knowledge of programming best practices and design patterns
Our unique services model focuses on identifying the optimal strategy for achieving a winning outcome in each client’s market, then applying diverse talent – product, demand generation, technology, marketing – to achieve traction faster than the competition. Over time, we combine this rapid-cycle execution with evolving value-building strategies that help you achieve great outcomes.
Each member is handpicked for a specialized, targeted skill. We are here to help our clients win their market.
Thinktiv was founded in 2007. Since then, we have assembled a team of specialists who collectively possess the strength to move markets. Together, we have launched or transformed hundreds of mobile, Web and software enabled companies, across dozens of industries. We specialize in working with early stage startups to help develop and shape their go-to-market success.
How to Apply
If this sounds like a good fit, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and put "JOB: Mobile Developer" in the subject line. Include your resume as a .pdf file. If you join us, we promise you'll be working hard, learn a ton, be compensated well, and have a great time doing it.